The top choice to start/expand your racing experience.
We have enhanced our learning options to meet the needs of our busy members. We help you build skills quickly more fun, less effort. We have three club owned boats you can day sail or race, and a world class facility. Contact Fleet Captain Ron Jenkins “firstname.lastname@example.org, 434-975-6347 to get involved, or the club General Manager - email@example.com - to use the club boat. Get on the Fleet 103 email list - see Mail at Members only for how to join.
Reasons to Sail a Flying Scot at FBYC
- Fleet 103 Rocks—welcoming, helpful members, super after race socials, full slate of club and invitational events at FBYC, and strong ties to Flying Scot Sailing Association (FSSA)
- A fleet of three club owned boats available to members for $100/season, free to new members for first year—contact club manager for details or sign up at Adult Sailing.
- First class dry storage lot with convenient launching ramp (approximately 30 Scots on site)
- Sheltered, close in sailing venue, all club races are inside Stove Point.
Over 6100 Flying Scots built - many active fleets
- Stable, well build day sailor/racer user friendly to adult and youth sailors
- Competition at all levels, from beginner to expert
- FSSA controls class equipment rules, keeps older boats competitive and in demand
- National fleet with Winter regattas in warm places, full summer schedule nationwide
- Active builder in Deer Park, Md will refurbish, repair, upgrade, and/or supply you with kits and information to do it yourself (or sell you a brand new race ready boat/trailer ready to launch for day sailing or racing)
- New and Used Boats available in all price ranges
Flying Scot Support Parts/Services/Information Sources
- Flying Scot Sailing Association (Events, class rules, more) at www.fssa.com/
- Flying Scot Builder (New/used boats, parts, service): https://flyingscot.com/
- Annapolis Performance Sailing (FS parts, apparel, and more) : www.apsltd.com/
- FSSA Training Videos http://www.fssa.com/content/training-videos
- Fleet 135 Training Videos : http://www.clsasailing.org/fleets/flying_scot_fleet
Designer: Sandy Douglas
Rig/Hull: Fractional rig, centerboard, trailer stored/launched
LOA: 19 feet
BEAM: 6.75 feet
Draft (board down) 4.00 feet
Displacement: 850 lbs