Fishing Bay Yacht Club is excited to announce its professional coaching staff!
Once again, we will have world-class coaches with a breadth of experience as both racers and coaches. We have been fortunate to find coaches that share FBYC's mission of building great teams that give our juniors the support, mentorship and opportunities to achieve their sailing goals.
|Head Race Team Coach||Race Team Coach||Race Team Coach|
Tomas "Tommy" Dietrich grew up in Rosario, Argentina and is returning for his 5th season at FBYC. Fresh off an Olympic campaign in the 470, Tommy returns to Fishing Bay as our 2022 Head Race Team Coach. Tomas has competed internationally in the Optimist, Laser, Lightning, 470, and J70 classes. Tommy has an incredible and exhaustive list of successful international competitions with a few highlights of his coaching experience below:
- 400 Yacht Club Cordoba for 2007 Team Trials
- 29er Nationals 2008
- Intensive Clinics with the Argentinian National Team from 2008-2013
- Head Coach for Netherland Antilles, 2014 OPTIMIST WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
- Fishing Bay Yacht Club (USA) Summer 2014
- Coach at Opti clinic 2014 Mar del Plata
- Coach for the Peruvian National laser team 2015
- Head Coach Fishing Bay Yacht Club 2015
- Coach at 2015 49er South American Championships for Chilean Olympic Team
- Coach at Opti clinic 2016 Mar del Plata
- Head Coach Fishing Bay Yacht Club 2016
- Coach at Opti clinic 2017 Mar del Plata
Tom Pellejero is a professional coach and international sailor from Rosario, Argentina and is returning for his 4th season at FBYC.
Tom began sailing at age 7, and currently competes internationally in the Laser Full Rig. He first competed internationally at age 13, representing Argentina at the Opti North Americans. Highlights of his finishes in international competition include:
- 2015 - 2nd at the Laser Southamerican Championship (Brazil)
- 2014 - 2nd at the Southamerican Beach Games (Venezuela)
- 2011 - 1st Junior at ARG Laser Nationals
- 2011 - 1st Junior at the Laser Southamerican Championship (Uruguay)
- 2011 - 8th at the ILCA Junior Laser Worlds (France)
- 2010 - 2nd Junior Lightning Worlds (Ecuador)(with Tomas Dietrich)
- 2009 - 2nd ISAF Laser Youth Worlds (Brazil)
- 2009 - 1st junior at the Laser ARG Nationals (Argentina)
- 2008 - 2nd junior at the Laser Southamerican Championship (Argentina)
He began coaching as a teen, and served as coach of the Yacht Club Rosario Laser Travel Team in 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Rachid Dalibalta is a professional coach and sailor who has been coaching in Europe, Argentina and the US. He has a strong background in single-handed dinghies including optimists and Laser Radials, and also some double-handed experience in 470 and 29ers.
- 2005 & 2009 - Optimist Southamerican Championships
- 2007 - Sub-champion at the annual Grand Prix of Litoral
- 2007 - 18th at the north american championship
- 2011 & 2012 - champion at the Buenos Aires Sailing Week in laser radial
- 2012 & 2014 - ILCA Junior World Championships
- 2012 - 9th in ILCA Southamerican Championship
Note: Coaches are subject to change and/or reassignment without notice.