May 15-31: UPPER BAY CRUISE
Let’s go to B’more, hun! Mid-May will be a perfect time to head north, with several interesting stops planned before we arrive in Baltimore. The weather should be warm, there should be wind, school should still be in session, and most boaters should still be in port, which means slips, mooring balls and anchorages will be open and less crowded. What’s not to like? The featured event of this trip will be the opportunity to see one or two baseball games at Camden Yards. We’ll take five travel days up, two days in the “Charm City” and four days home. Here is the tentative itinerary for the cruise:
- May 17: Cocktails and Captain’s meeting (for everyone!) 1700 hrs. Main Clubhouse.
- May 18: Deltaville to Reedville 23 NM. Depart when convenient; anchor off town or slip at Crazy Crab (?).
- May 19: Reedville to Solomons Island 38NM. , Anchor, mooring ball or slip at Zahniser’s Marina.
- May 20: Solomons Island to Herrington Harbor South 33 NM. Slip in marina only option.
- May 21: Herrington Harbor to Rock Creek on Patapsco 32 NM. Anchor or slip in marina in creek. Eat on board or restaurants on the creek.
- May 22-23: Rock Creek to Inner Harbor 6 NM. Slip at Baltimore Inner Harbor Marine Center (at the Rusty Scupper). Baseball that night or dinner in Little Italy if weather is not cooperating.
- May 24: Baltimore to Magothy River- 23 NM. Slip at Magothy Marina or anchor in the cove next door. Dinner at the Point Crab House and Grill. (Short dinghy ride required.)
- May 25: Magothy Marina to Annapolis 15 NM. Slip or mooring ball.
- May 26: Annapolis to Solomons Island 49 NM- (Same as May 19)
- May 27: Solomons Island to Reedville or Deltaville.
This should be a fun trip and as always cruisers are welcome to meet the cruise or leave the cruise at any point. See you on the water. Contact Doug Selden at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (434) 466-8272.