Adult Sailing – Reservation & Use of Club Owned Flying Scots
The club owns three Flying Scots for member's use:
- Scot Free
- Dawn Treader
You can reserve a Flying Scot by using our online reservation form and float plan here .
- Clicking on this link will open a separate, secure JotForm window.
- Please enter payment information at the bottom of the form ONLY if this is your first reservation request.
Below are general guidelines for reserving and using Club Owned Flying Scot. Please review the full procedure here before reserving one of our boats.
- Club-owned vessels will be available from the Club’s Opening Day to Closing Day, from 09:00 AM Eastern until 5:00 PM
- Club-owned vessels may be operated in any appropriate navigable water
- The skipper must be a FBYC member in good standing, carry a current boating license, and have paid the $100 family seasonal use fee
- All reservations and fees must be submitted by the skipper at least 48 hours in advance
- The skipper file a Float Plan with the General Manager and any crew members must complete and sign a Liability Wavier Form prior to departure
- While underway all passengers shall wear USCG-approved life jackets
- Upon returning to the Club, the skipper shall contact a Manager, clean the vessel as necessary, inform FBYC staff of any issues or damage, stow the sails, cover and secure the vessel