Volunteers Needed For Junior Week
Junior Week requires volunteers to assist with many aspects of the program. Parents, grandparents, and other family members are an integral part of junior sailing, and their efforts are needed to support and coordinate various aspects of the program. The Junior Program is an excellent opportunity for family members to spend time with their children as they progress through the most special time in their early sailing careers. It is also a great opportunity to socialize with fellow volunteers at FBYC at some of the best sailing venues on the Bay.
- Power Boat Operations - Adult volunteers ensure boats are launched, moored, refueled, and operational each day.
- T-shirt Distribution - Adult volunteers ensure T-shirts are distributed to the various classes on the last day of instruction for Opti Kids, Junior Week, and Race Team.
- Photographer - Adult volunteers take 'action shots' of students during instruction, make photos available to parents during the class session, arrange for group photo for OptiKids, Junior Week, and Race Team participants, and make group photos available to members at member expense.
- Social - Adult volunteers coordinate and execute any social activity chosen! Acquire and coordinate distribution of daily snacks for each class.
- Large Dinghy Launching - Adult volunteers launch One Design boats loaned to the program by members for use in the Teen Sailing Class and Race Team before classes start each day.
- First Aid - (must have at minimum current certified first aid training; doctors and nurses welcome!) Adult volunteers help one day of Junior Week, OptiKids, or Race Team.
- Parent of the Day - Adult volunteers carry a hand-held radio to communicate with each class, become familiar with phone locations at the club, handle minor medical problems (mostly nettles or windy day-induced stomach aches), contact Doc of the Day if necessary, have access to all medical forms and liability release forms (if necessary for medical evacuation of students), and contact parents if necessary.
* For Opti Kids, the "check-in" period will be the first morning of instruction for Opti Kids.
* For Junior Week and the Race Teams, "check-in" will be held on Sunday afternoon immediately prior to the start of Junior Week and on the first morning of instruction for approximately 1 hour each time.
At check-in, outstanding medical forms, liability forms, and payments will be collected. The required forms will be mailed in late May and should be returned in advance by regular mail.