September 27-October 4: SOUTHERN BAY HISTORY CRUISE
This cruise is designed to be both fun and educational, with a focus on the abundant nautical related history associated with Virginia.
- The general plan is to sail from FBYC on Saturday, September 27th, to York River Yacht Haven for a two-night stay. Sunday morning we will tour Jamestown Settlement and Museum, as well as the National Parks’ Historic Jamestown. Lunch will be on your own at the Jamestown Settlement Café. Following that, we will travel to Yorktown, where we will tour the Yorktown Victory Center.
- Monday, September 29th, boats will depart for Hampton, where we will dock at Hampton City Docks or Hampton Yacht Club for three nights.
- On Tuesday, people will be able to take advantage of the many nearby attractions such as Fort Monroe, Old Point Comfort, and the Hampton Air and Space Museum.
- On Wednesday, October 1, we will travel to the Mariners’ Museum in Newport News. There we will have a guided tour of the museum, to include the impressive new Monitor exhibit.
- Thursday, October 2nd, we will cross Hampton Roads to Norfolk, where we will dock either at Waterside Marina, or possibly anchor out at Hospital Point in Portsmouth. History-themed options while in Norfolk include a tour of the battleship USS Wisconsin, the NAUTICUS Maritime Museum, the Hampton Roads Naval Museum, and the MacArthur Museum. With the many dinner options available in Norfolk, dinner ashore will be on your own.
- Friday, October 3rd, we will move to Norfolk Yacht and Country Club for one night. While we are there, some people may choose to walk to The Hermitage Museum to view their collection of fine art and view any special exhibits they may have. The Chrysler Museum’s new glass blowing exhibit is another possible destination. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call (757) 481-4322.