The Wee Dram will venture on August 29th again to Cape Charles. The 2019 spectacle was attended by almost 20 FBYC boats and invited guests. This is a family friendly event, except for the brown bag judging. This a non-spinnaker, single headsail event. All crews are to overnight aboard.
“This race is one of the very best events of the year. Participate, and you'll be glad you did. The group grows year after year, and that speaks for itself. Looking forward to the 2020 race”. Doug Anderson, last year’s winner.
This remains a casual cruise/race format with a formal (shorts and tee shirts – no holes) social Saturday afternoon on the docks in Cape Charles Harbor.
As votes for the most inspiring brown bag are being tallied, adjusted cruising elapsed times will be determined and the 2020 Wee Dram burgee awarded, along with what remains of the contents in the winning brown bag, to the boat with lowest adjusted time.
Start: Each boat will start herself and record the time that the bow of the boat crosses a line extending on a bearing of 180ºM to FBYC A (Q G 15ft 4M "5"), FBYC A Left to Starboard.
Course: Wolf Trap Light is not a mark of the course and may be left to either Port or Starboard.
Finish: Each boat will record their finish time as they cross the finish line which is a line to G “1CC” Fl G 2.5s (marking the entrance of the Cherrystone Inlet Channel and Cape Charles Harbor) on a bearing of 0ºM.
The social on the dock will begin at 5:30 PM. Each boat will bring an appetizer to share, and one brown bag bottle of their favorite Scotch Whisky (no 'e') for the contest within the contest.
15 Slips are reserved for FBYC for the evening of the 29th, more are available.
The Wee Dram history:
• Year 1 Wee Dram - Motored to Cape Charles (no winner)
• Year 2 Wee Dram - Sailed to Cape Charles averaging well over 8 knots. (Correyvreckan . D. Clark)
• Year 3 Wee Dram - Sailed to Onancock (Rhapsody . M. Roberts / J. Raper)
• Year 4 Wee Dram Rally - Sailed to Cape Charles (Santosha . Eric and Danelle Powers)
• Year 5 Wee Dram Rally - Sailed to Cape Charles (Trilogy . Wayland Rennie)
• Year 6 Wee Dram Rally - Sailed to Cape Charles (Red Sky . Doug Anderson)
• Questions: Jim Raper (email@example.com)