Friday April 3, 2020 04:34PMon
I'm please to report, we've improved the Club - inside and out this Winter!. We've also had to complete many tough repairs because it has taken quite a beating. Here's a few of the maintenance broad strokes:
- The Fishing Bay Ramp had the grade improved and added a breakwater helping restore the beach.
- Fannie's House flooring was replaced throughout.
- The entance marquee on Fishing Bay Road has a new raised flowerbed.
- Jackson Creek Middle Dock fasteners were replaced in the lower end and finger piers.
- Many of the legacy trees were cleaned up, limbed, and groomed.
- The Junior Field has begun receiving environmentally responsible burr and week treatment.
- The Crane has been painted and is open for use.
- The Fishing Bay Dock suffered storm damage in January requiring the replacement of pilings, framework, and decking.
- The Fishing Bay Dock sustained further damage this week - it is usable but do not step on the area around the boat lift.
- Additionally, the Fishing Bay Dock is not suitable for overnight dockage - a number of pilings are aging and cannot take the strain.
- Fannie's House water heater will be repaired this coming week.
Unfortunately, all common areas and buildings are closed in accordance with sate and federal recommendations:
- This includes the Clubhouse, Fannie's, Bathhouse, Junior Shed, and the Pool.
- Defribilators and first aid kits can be found in front of the Clubhouse and below the screened porch of Fannie's.
- Restrooms and screened porches are locked and unavailable.
- Club Boats are off limits - including Club Scots, Lasers, 420's, and powerboats.
- Outdoor cooking equipment is unavailable.
- Water is available on the docks and field hydrants - it is currently off at the pool and ramp.
- The Crane is available - please let me know if you need training and a key.
- A walkthrough is done every day - checking the water, walking the docks, and ensuring all is safe and sound.
- I will call directly should I find any trouble with personal property.
Please let me know if you have any questions and be safe!