Monday April 18, 2022 09:12PMon
Our 2022 Schedule is posted and here are some ILCA Sailing highlights to put on your calendar for this year.
Club Series - these are 5 single day events spread throughout the year that count towards the season series using the high point system. Anyone who sails in 50% of the races held qualifies for the series. Some of these race days are sailed during one design events with the other one design boats, and other days will be stand alone days. We'll run a Radial fleet and radial series on the days we have enough boats. There's no entry and first warning times vary depending on the day.
- Saturday, April 30 - Spring Regatta
- Saturday, July 9 - Summer Regatta #1 (Sea Breeze #1)
- Sunday, August 21 - Summer Regatta #2
- Sunday, September 25 - Fall Regatta (Indian Summer)
- Sunday, October 30 - Frostbite Regatta
Junior Regatta - FBYC hosts a 2-day invitational Junior Regatta that is well attended by juniors from around the bay and beyond. The Radial fleet is quite competitive and features a who's who of bay Radial sailors.
- June 25-26 Junior Regatta
Distance Races - There are two distance races open to ILCA. These sail mostly government mark courses and typically take 2-3 hours. They are a lot of fun to be on the course and racing against mostly bigger boats.
- Sunday, May 30 (Memorial Day Weekend) Open House Regatta - This is a staggered start race where each type of boat has their own starting time with the slower boats starting first and the faster boats starting later. First over the line wins. Our boats do well in a dying breeze.
- Sunday, July 4th - Long Distance Race - This is a portsmouth handicap race limited to boats 25' at the waterline. Everyone starts together and runs around a government mark course.
Annual One Design Regatta - this is a two day multi-class regatta that typically features starts for Radials and Standards. Saturday night expect food and entertainment.
- August 13-14 - 83rd Annual One Design Regatta
Masters - Our Chesapeake Bay ILCA Masters is an annual masters event (for those age 30+). This is one of the premiere events for masters sailors on the Chesapeake Bay and regularly sees fleets of 40+ boats hailing from as many as 8-10 hours drive time away. This not-to-be missed event features Alain Vincey's amazing cooking, great race committee and is an event sailors return to year after year.
- October 1-2 - 41st Chesapeake Bay Laser Masters Championship
Events Elsewhere - beyond FBYC there are a number of other events around the Bay and beyond that are just a short drive. The complete schedule is on the D11 webpage: https://laserdistrict11.wordpress.com/2022-events/
- May 21-122 ILCA Mid-Atlantic Championship @ Norfolk Yacht & Country Club
- July 15-17 ILCA US Championships @ Brant Beach Yacht Club
- September 9-11 ILCA US Masters @ Hampton Yacht Club
- September 17-18 District 11 Championship @ Rehoboth Bay SA
Got questions about any of these events? Drop Jon Deutsch an email.