Wednesday October 10, 2018 07:34AMon
The Trophy Committee will receive nominations until October 15th for the following perpetual trophies to be awarded at the Annual Awards Party in November:
- PIANKATANK TROPHY – Recognizes the FBYC skipper who most exemplifies the principle that “all is not lost until the boat sinks.”
- MATTHEW FONTAINE MAURY BOWL – Recognizes a member of FBYC for an outstanding contribution to sailing at Fishing Bay Yacht Club.
- COMPETITION TROPHY – Recognizes a member of FBYC who is the skipper of an enrolled offshore or one-design boat and who most successfully represented FBYC in sailboat racing events conducted by other yacht clubs or associations during the past year. Nominations should consider the character (local, regional, national) of events entered and the quality of competition as well as the member’s performance.
- ALLEN B. FINE TROPHY – Recognizes the outstanding crewperson of an FBYC enrolled yacht. Any skipper who is a club member may nominate anyone who has crewed on a FBYC boat (offshore or one-design) during the regular club season.
- THE HUBARD TROPHY – Awarded to the outstanding woman sailor of FBYC in recognition of dedication, participation, and performance and sportsmanship while sailing.
- SPORTSMANSHIP TROPHY – Recognizes the Offshore Division skipper who displays the best sportsmanship during the regular season.
- ANNUAL RACE COMMITTEE TROPHY – Awarded to the club member who has made the greatest contribution to race committee work and race management at FBYC.
- BECCA BOAT TROPHY – Awarded to the FBYC junior female member who most exemplifies Becca Clary’s devotion to FBYC.
Please contact the Trophy Chairman, Lisa Fleck, with your nominations. Send nominations to Lisa at email@example.com (preferred) or mail to 373 Glen Cove Drive, Hardyville, VA 23070. Your nomination should include the person’s name and the reason the person is being nominated for a particular trophy.