Wednesday April 15, 2020 08:14AMon
Are you missing:
- Scurrying to ready your boat for Opening Day?
- Walking down the Fishing Bay dock and marveling how beautiful Stove Point and Gwynn's Island are?
- Crossing the line for the first 2020 offshore race and hearing the horn blow?
- Listening to Doug Anderson, our FBYC chaplain, bless the fleet?
We all do.
But here's a solution to help lessen our collective loss. This Saturday, April 18 at 5 PM we invite all FBYC members to join together ONLINE at FBYC.net for our first (and hopefully, only) Virtual Opening Day. Just go to the website and click on the link in the Opening Day photo.
A boatload of members have worked to prepare a video that will bring us all together as we watch from home:
- Drive down Fishing Bay Road.
- See the smiling faces of our junior sailors.
- Listen to Commodore Tracy Schwarzschild welcome us to our Deltaville home and our chaplain honor those members who have died.
Then look forward to gathering together--on a boat, on the dock, in Fannie's House and over oysters--when we can.
Peace and Blessings to all.