Tuesday September 29, 2020 08:22PMon
The Chesapeake Bay Laser Masters Championship carries a long tradition of continuing no matter what is thrown our way. This year will be another chapter adding pandemic to the power outages, hurricanes and high water we've endured on regatta weekends. We will have to make a few changes to do things safely this year, but we hope to be able to have just as much fun sailing and socializing socially distanced. We look forward to having you join us and thank you for helping us make this a safe and successful event.
Registration for the 39th Chesapeake Bay Laser Masters Championship is now open. Head over to the event website for the Notice of Race and all of the information.
Here are the things that are a bit different for this year:
- We'll be using Phlotilla as the registration scoring system. You'll need to create an account there if you haven't already. It will ask for a division to enter, just select your age bracket and gender you are participating in.
- We will be having a dinner, but it is not included in the $25 entry fee. It is available ($30) to anyone who would like to stay and eat and can be purchased online ahead of time. Be sure to purchase this ahead of time online as we may not have additional meals on Saturday for those who do not pre-register for one. If you registered without it, you can edit your registration and add it.
- Dinner will be more of an outside affair with spaced tables. The porch will be left open to the elements and may be a little cooler than we are used to. Additional picnic tables will be available in the lawn by the water. There will be some other adjustments to allow distancing in the kitchen and while serving without lining up.
- We will be following VA State Guidelines and Club Rules related to COVID Safety and those are summed up in the NOR: "4.1 Anyone experiencing fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose is prohibited from entering club grounds on or before any race day. All competitors and visitors are required to wear masks while inside any club facility except while seated and eating or changing clothes. While on club grounds please keep others at a safe distance even while outside and wear a mask anytime that social distancing cannot be maintained (dock, etc)."
- For those that remember the 'Dockside Inn' (maybe by an alternate name) - it has been completely renovated and under new management - this should be a great lodging option in town https://deltavilledockside.com/
- There will not be a skippers meeting. There will be an optional 'office hours' 1000-1015 Saturday to ask questions and I'll be host a optional zoom Thursday, the 15th 8pm-9pm for anyone with questions about the racing or how the weekend will go. As always feel free to reach out to Jon via email at email@example.com or 804-305-1244