Monday April 16, 2007 10:01AMon
See all the pictures, taken by a student
Three skippers with 2-3 regular crew went out on April 1 with 8 crew training candidates. The second session scheduled for April 7 was cancelled because of snow. The third session scheduled for Sunday April 15 was cancelled because of forecast heavy rain and winds. But we out-foxed Mother Nature by taking out 7 candidates on Trilogy and Schiehallion each with two regular crew on Saturday, April 14.
All of the names you will see on the Crew Finder list are seriously interested crew. Please call them if you need early commitments. Beyond this they have all been told that if they ever want to race all they need to do is show up on the middle dock by 09.00 on a race day. To encourage them to do this they have been told we have yet to leave any crew on the dock.
Some few of our candidates have also expressed an interest in racing on One Design boats. They have been given the necessary contacts to help them get rides.