Sunday January 31, 2016 05:57PMon
We have finished our winter long website upgrade project. We continue to transition our website https://www.fbyc.net/ where we continue to have our Home Page, all event listing pages, event pages, and most webpages, to our new more modern Django website https://new.fbyc.net/ where we post news, edit web pages, keep our member database, and, new in 2016 keep all account creation and editing pages and the resetting of password pages. About a month ago we finished the project and have had a soft opening all January.
Users may notice some differences.
- The New Website probably works better on mobiles devices - at least the navigation links appear differently on a small device.
- You may need to log into both websites from time to time, and definitely to edit your profiles.
- Your password is no longer visible to Meg and me, and if you forget it, the only recourse is to reset it. Use the link on the LogIn pages.
- You can also update your username and password, plus your address, email, phones on your edit profile page. Just click on your name on the top corner, which may require you login in to the new website.
- And new in 2016, each user can add a profile picture, boat picture, and "elevator text" - a short description of you and your FBYC activities - at your edit profile page. The profile picture appears on data search and on the IOS app.
I have revamped our Online Registration Help page https://www.fbyc.net/Webtools/HelpRegistration to try to explain the changes and how they effect users of the web sites. Please visit that page for a fuller explanation of the changes.
We plan to continue the effort to modernize and simplify our website, all subject to budget, technology and time restraints.