The PRO for tomorrows race has determined, and I completely agree, that it would be unsafe to race tomorrow.
We have 2 problems with the conditions for racing.
First is the bad weather, which most models have predicted winds close to 30 MPH with higher gusts- rain squalls- temps around 45.
Second Mr Roberts is not fully commissioned (due to launch this AM).
The Opening Day Blessing of the Fleet and Party will both be inside the Club House. Both training sessions on Sunday are also cancelled.
Safety is our first concern,
Ted Bennett - Commodore
Tropical Fruit Display
Assorted Seasonal Fruits and ...
- 0900: Flag raising and brief skippers meeting (Jackson Creek flagpole)
- 1100: First warning for offshore fleet
- 1700: Onshore activities begin, bar open (Ric's Place), will call ticket pickup at ticket table
- 1730: Blessing of the Fleet (Fishing Bay outside main clubhouse)
- 1800: Dinner served promptly
- 1830 - 2230: Entertainment by Alex Crain (Band on the Run)
Opening Day is less than two weeks away! I hope everyone has found time to start getting boats ready for the season. Let's kick off the season right with racing, a blessing, food, and entertainment. Come out and join the fun. Can't wait to see you there!
Official event information is here - check back for updates.
Online registration is easy and you can do it here - remember to buy your meals!
Also, don't forget to sign up to volunteer - let email@example.com know if you are interested.
Opening Day Schedule
9 AM: Flag raising and brief skippers meeting
11 AM: First warning for offshore fleet
5 PM: Onshore activities begin, bar open
The season starts on Saturday! The current forecast is partly sunny – temperature: 74 degrees – wind: 13 mph! Come celebrate the One-Design opening of Fishing Bay’s 75th year. Don’t forget to register.
PHRF-A (5 boats)
PHRF-B (5 boats)
PHRF-C (5 boats)
PHRF-Non-Spinnaker (3 boats)
J/70 (3 boats)
Following the racing was the blessing of the ...
Today is the IDES of APRIL – April 15th is federal income tax filing deadline day. YIKES!
Twenty (20) of the FBYC Off Shore Division boats raced on Saturday in a non-sanctioned mid-distance race at the FBYC Opening Day festivities. Craig Wright’s J109, Afterthought won the race, followed by Sam Mitchener’s Double Eagle, and Drake Johnstone’s Cat’s Pajamas in 3rd.
FBYC Spring Series opened yesterday with twenty-two (22) boats in two races. The first day of “serious” racing followed on the heels of Saturday’s FBYC Opening Day mid-distance race, designed to shake off rust, bless the fleet, and enjoy a great dinner and a live band. SPRING SERIES DAY 1 RESULTS: PHRF A (5 boats ...
Opening Day 2013 - New format - no cost!
When: Saturday, April 13th **IMPORTANT: Register online by April 5th to reserve a spot**
Blessing of the Fleet 5:00 pm
Dinner 6:00 - 8:00 pm (new format!)
Band 7:00 – 10:00 pm - SGGL, back by popular demand
Where: FBYC Clubhouse
- $0 – members
- $30 – non-members
- $5 – non-member’s children, 12 and under
Gourmet food stations including butlered service will serve delicacies such as fried oysters and crab cakes. Full menu here. Open bar will be provided.
Racers, Cruisers, and Jr’s, everyone is invited and encouraged to bless the fleet and enjoy this incredible event. Saturday April 14.
Make Plans to attend!
- Blessing of the Fleet 5:00 pm
- Dinner 6:00 pm-8:00 pm by White House Catering
- Music and Dancing 7:00 pm-10:00 pm
Delicious Cocktail Buffet Served Continuously from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm:
- Cajun Shrimp and Cheese Grits
- Beef Brisket
- Fresh Veggies, Cheese, Fruit and desert
- Cheddar Scallion Scalloped Potatoes
- Classic Garden Salad
- French Fries and Chips
- Refreshments include: soft drinks, Beer and Wine
Back by popular demand from previous Opening Day parties are Rusty Spiedel and Tom Goodrich of “SGGL.” Everyone will enjoy this band!
- Club Members ...
The Sailing Events Committee has completed planning the sailing schedule for 2018 and all events are now posted on the website at https://www.fbyc.net/events/?year=2018. Some of the events are:
- Opening Day and Blessing of the fleet - April 21
- Open house Regatta - May 27
- July 4 Long Distance Race and Cookout - June 30
- Opti Kids is scheduled for June 9-10 and June 16-17.
- Junior Week is planned for June 18-22
- Leukemia Cup - July 13-15
- 79th Annual One Design Regatta - August 11-22
- Stingray Point Regatta - J70 Chesapeake Championships - August 31- September 2
Many events link to event webpages, but please understand most content on those page refer to the similar 2017 event. Over the next couple of ...